2016 CRUK Awards: Celebrating carpet recycling champions
The third Carpet Recycling UK awards ceremony recognised member organisations and individuals for particular innovation, best practice and commitment in the past year.
Awards were presented by the guest host, celebrity designer Oliver Heath.
(Pictured left: Oliver Heath presenting this award to Keith Hall from Desso)
- Recycling Champion: Graham Kempton of Designer Contracts for reorganising delivery routes to increase collection capacity. Highly Commended: Tony Winder, Winder Carpets and Neil Green, Made by U.
- Take Back Partner of the Year: Designer Contracts for the second year running for its close work with recycling partners. Highly Commended: Linney Cooper and Branagan Flooring Services.
- Reuse Member of the Year: Carpet Tile Recycling for accepting all carpet tiles and developing new outlets for non-reusable tiles. Highly Commended: Midland Carpet Tile Recycling, M25 Made by U.
- Recycler of the Year: Desso UK (a Tarkett Company) for innovation in moving carpets up the waste hierarchy and design of a product that can be more easily recycled in the future.Highly Commended: Xtraction and Waste to Energy b.v.
- Best Newcomer: Made by U for benefitting local community whilst diverting large volumes of carpet waste from landfill into the highest possible value outlets.
- 2016 Outstanding Achievement: Anglo Recycling Technology for innovation in processing carpet fibres for reuse in textile, including a closed-loop system reprocessing carpet off-cuts into underlay.
- Longstanding Support: Cormar Carpets, a CRUK core funder since 2009 for strong commitment to carpet recycling and sustainability.