Carpet Recycling UK’s fourth annual awards ceremony in June marked the achievements of members who have demonstrated innovation, commitment and best practice in the sector.
The awards were presented by guest host Andrew Bird, Chair of LARAC (Local Authority Recycling Advisory Committee) as follows:
- Reuse Member of the Year: Greenstream Flooring CIC for continued success in the re-use sector. Highly commended: Carpet Tile Recycling and M25 Made by U Ltd
- Recycler of the Year: James Robinson Fibres for innovation in driving carpets up the waste hierarchy and development of new systems to recycle carpet waste. Highly Commended: Emerald Trading Waste Solutions Ltd and Milliken
- Take Back Partner of the Year: Designer Contracts for continued success in working with its supply chain to recycle carpet installation waste. Highly Commended: Cullingford Carpets and Fantasy Flooring
- Best Newcomer Award: Emerald Trading Waste Solutions Ltd for proactively demonstrating their carpet recycling activities to others and encouraging best practice in the industry.
- Recycling Champion: Mark Purnell, Fantasy Flooring for setting up systems and processes to increase carpet recycling at their Bristol site. Highly Commended: Graham Kempton of Designer Contracts Ltd and Ian Proctor of Winder Carpets
- Longstanding Support Award: Lifestyle Floors/Headlam Group for long-term commitment to sustainability in the carpet industry and support for CRUK’s activities as a core funder.
- 2017 Outstanding Achievement Award: Greenstream Flooring CIC for its ability to create new solutions in carpet reuse.
On receiving two CRUK awards, Ellen Petts, (pictured above) Managing Director of Greenstream Flooring CIC said: “I’m delighted. We’re always pushing reuse as it’s at the top of the waste hierarchy, providing the best environmental option for carpet tiles as well as important social benefits.”